International Program

If you want to participate in Work and Travel program and are looking for a sponsor, FreedomFranchise is ready to help. We can offer you employment during summer and provide with a place to live during your stay in the US.

Use the link below for step by step application process for J1 Visa - Work and Travel Program:

What are the program requirements?
Apart from the requirements of the J1 Visa itself, the Work and Travel USA program has standards of its own. It is meant only for full time university students aged between 18-28, with intermediate or better English.

What is the program duration?
Typically the exchange program lasts for 4 months starting from May, during the official vacations students have in their home country. International exchange students can work for 4 months, and then they have the 30-day 'grace period' for leaving the States. They are not allowed to work during this period. The exact program dates are indicated in the document known as DS-2019, which your seasonal employee is required to keep at all times.

What exactly happens when students apply for the program?
Those who wish to participate submit their applications to one of the exchange organizations accredited by the US government, known as program sponsors. Sponsors check that the candidates meet the eligibility criteria, conduct interviews to choose positions best suitable for a participant's background and experience, and test English proficiency.

Also, orientation session is provided to candidates, giving all the details about their future employment, housing, costs, American way of living, and so on. Sponsors also make sure all the papers including the DS-2019 form and medical insurance are in proper order.

Since you will be working in the U.S., you will first need to apply for a Social Security card. If you already have a Social Security number you do not need to apply again. Make sure to bring your card with you to the U.S.

Important: After you apply, it will take 4 to 6 weeks for your Social Security Card to arrive. You are allowed to work while you are waiting for your card.

To learn more about the work and travel program, please use the link below: programs/summer-work-travel/